- Milissa Wales
- Jim Manos
- Susan Hessel
- Kim Wright
- Marie Jacobson
- Michael Feifarek
- Lhundup Chodon
Issues at hand
- At January 2017 Board meeting all members resigned. Temporary Board was put together for January meeting to keep 501 status (need 5 people).
- There will be elections in April for permanent Board members.
Transitional Board Goals
New Board Members
- Involve community, in a transparent way, on how the Board members are elected.
- Research other Buddhist communities on how board members are elected and identify bylaws. 8-10 people needed.
- Need to pull together a subcommittee to work on bylaw changes. Kim is willing to help tweak bylaws for a smoother transition. Melissa, Sue, and Kim volunteered to work on this issue. Mike will talk with old Board members about the bylaws as well.
- Financial items that were talked about: Voted to give Jim Manos legal responsibility and authorization to act as treasurer and accounts. Voted/Passed
- Need to move and reuse 2016 budget for 2017 to keep Dharma house running. Voted/Passed
- Review and revise financial board; Jim will bring recommendations to the next board meeting. Issues talked about are; Using debit cards instead of credit cards, reducing credit cards. Too many out there, reassess 4th qtr. 2016 budget for 2017.Pull together new 2017 budget, Insurance issues/responsibilities. Who has that role?
Committees that are needed
- Finance, Fundraising, Education, Retreat, Communication